Check me out on Facebook

I haven't been able to update the blog as often as I need to. Be sure to check out my facebook page, BB Cakes, for all of my cake designs.



Friday, February 5, 2010

Gymnastics cake

A sweet friend of mine asked me to make a cake for her daughters combined birthday party at a local gymnastics center. She was doing a red, white, and blue theme and wanted two fondant girls for her beautiful daughters. These were my first attempt at fondant figures. I think they turned out pretty well but the faces were a little more masculine than I really wanted but they were still cute and I love their little bobs. I had to add the bows on their heads because they always wear those big bows I love on little girls. I thought the big bow on the cake made it much more girly.


1 comment:

  1. I love it Becky! And I'm sure that the girls did too. I know another little girl who would love a gymnastics cake too :) I'll have to show her your pics.

    ReplyDelete