Check me out on Facebook

I haven't been able to update the blog as often as I need to. Be sure to check out my facebook page, BB Cakes, for all of my cake designs.



Saturday, January 23, 2010

First Topsy Turvy Cake

A friend asked me to create a topsy turvy cake for a combined birthday party for her daughter and son. I totally had a love-hate relationship with this cake! I had to do it twice and it was a mess!!!! You have to do it to learn and a learning experience it was. I thought it turned out super cute and pretty close the vision I had in my head. I got to see the reaction of the birthday girl when meeting the mom for pickup of the cake. She loved it! I don't usually get to see the reaction of the person the cake is for, so I really enjoyed it! Each tier is 3 layers with 2 white almond layers and a middle chocolate layer. It is icing in butter cream with fondant accents.




No comments:

Post a Comment