Check me out on Facebook

I haven't been able to update the blog as often as I need to. Be sure to check out my facebook page, BB Cakes, for all of my cake designs.



Saturday, February 20, 2010

Baby shower cakes

First off let me say that I took these pictures at about 2:00 in the morning after working on both of them for many hours so excuse the poor picture taking and I also need a new camera. I have to take a picture with the flash to get the true colors and one without so you don't get any glare. ARRRGGGHHH!!!

Anyway, I was asked to make a baby shower cake for a little girl in hot pink and white. They were using daisies at the shower so I did, too. I added the new baby girl's initials to the cake for a little personal touch.







I was also asked to make a shower cake for an expected baby boy on the same weekend. The hostess of this shower were using bears as the theme. I thought the little bears turned out very cute circling the cake. I couldn't find what I was really wanting for the topper so just added a cute blue fondant bow.
This was the first time I did initials out of fondant. They were hand cut and place on a circular piece of fondant. I wanted an embellished looked to both and I was really pleased with the turn out for both!

1 comment: